Job ID: BH348839
Category: Medical, Receptionist
Client Job Title: Medical Secretary Adult Congenital Heart Center
Contract length: At least 3 Months (Possible Temp-to-Perm)
Job Location: 161 Fort Washington, New York, NY, 10032
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Industry: Higher Education
Interview Process: In-person interview
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience in a clinical practice setting
- Knowledge of Medical terminology and minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Must have excellent customer service skills in a high-pressure environment. Must be able to interact with all levels of staff and must have an understanding of patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Epic systems preferred.
Meet and greet patients and visitors. Serve as a liaison to the clinical staff, answering phones, scheduling appointments for office visits and diagnostic procedures, perform pre-registration intake for new patients by obtaining the minimum data set, prepare appropriate paperwork and/or charts for all incoming patients, confirm appointments, obtain referrals and verification of coverage.
- Perform pre-certifications for procedures and other services, and obtain records and referral information for patient appointments. Obtain referral and/or pre-authorization from the patient, referring physician, PCP, or the insurance company where applicable.
- Verify patient information in Epic. Work with Experian eligibility software to track insurance verification and referral requirements. Update software and Epic daily.
- Scan charts daily into the Epic electronic health record system. Maintain and request archived patient charts when needed; document and box expired/inactive charts for storage. File active charts when necessary
- Collect patient payments, insurance payments and co-payments. Maintain a daily log of all cash, check and credit card payments. Work closely with the Billing Coordinator to assist with reconciliation.
- Enter inpatient and outpatient charges for the physicians. Reconcile all charges against the schedule. Run weekly missing charge reports.
- Maintain an inventory of required office supplies and inform the Office Manager of any items needed to order.
- Ensure patient centered care by demonstrating behaviors that reflect a culture of service and will strive to meet the expectations of the “Seven Competencies”. The seven competencies for a “wow” experience are as follows:
- Effective Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Patient centered care
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Pride and Excellence
- Integrity and Credibility
- Conforms to all applicable HIPAA, Billing compliance and safety guidelines.
- Other duties as required
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.