Compensation and Compliance Analyst
Job ID: BH348802
Category: Compensation Analyst, Compliance
Specialty: Human Resources
Compensation and Compliance Analyst
Job Location: Lexington, 3x per week
Company Information: Software
Interview Process: Phone and video calls. 4 rounds
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a fast-paced industry
- 5+ years’ of compensation experience
- Excel – vlookups, pivot tables, graphing
Nice to have:
- Software industry
- Compliance experience
- Perform analytical studies in a variety of areas, such as internal and external equity, competitive pay practices, incentive compensation, and emerging trends. Identify trends, draw conclusions and recommend policy and/or program changes.
- Prepare ad-hoc compensation analyses and partner with business leaders, Employee Experience, and Talent Acquisition on compensation related matters such as offers, promotions, and internal transfers.
- Process all documentation related to internal transfer and promotions.
- Perform job evaluations for new, existing, or re-defined jobs to determine internal equity, exemption status (FLSA), and eligibility for variable pay plans. May conduct benchmarking reviews for groups upon management request.
- Assist in the administration of the annual compensation review cycle including managing timelines, auditing data, creating employee communications, etc.
- Create and manage documents related to annual and quarterly bonus programs.
- Assist in the building and maintenance of pay structures.
- Review wide range of relevant compensation data to ensure company's compensation policies are competitive.
- Contribute company data to compensation surveys.
- Analyze results of compensation surveys.
- Predict future trends to steer company in a positive direction.
- Manage salary structure creation and maintenance.
- Ensuring company compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain company’s current job description database.
- Work with management to create new job descriptions and to ensure current job descriptions are still valid.
- Review regulatory or policy required forms, notices, disclosures, etc., assisting in their design/development or revision, as assigned by Human Resources, IT or Legal Department.
- Manage the data gathering, analysis and reporting for compliance programs such as EEO, VETS, and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Responsible for the management of office federal, state, local, etc. posting requirements and notifications for remote employees.
- Maintain US employee handbook.
- HR representative/data steward for Privacy Program.
Other HR Responsibilities
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; completing research on matters of importance.
- Work closely with other HR team members to continually enhance employee communications, training, recruiting, and other initiatives.
- Participate in the development and execution of various orientation and training programs.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of previous compensation or related analytical experience.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws, including Affirmative Action and OFCCP regulations, EEO regulations, anti-discrimination, harassment, and retaliation laws, and federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills with ability to manipulate and analyze data utilizing excel (vlookup functions, pivot tables, graphing)
- Ability to write reports with various HRMS reporting writing tools
- Skilled at taking large amounts of data and identifying the relevant information, making key insights, and turning it into presentable/understandable material for various audiences
- Experience with Payscale or other market pricing programs
- Experience creating and maintaining salary structures
- Attention to detail and ability to manage programs and projects with minimal guidance.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with various computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, energetic, ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Discretion and ability to deal appropriately with confidential data.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.