Job ID: BH348528
Category: HR Manager
Specialty: Human Resources
Contract Duration: Open ended with perm potential
Job Location: West Groton
Company Information, Industry, Size: Manufacturing
Interview Process: Virtual
- 7+ Years of experien
The HR Manager will champion and provide expertise in support of an employee-oriented high performance culture, emphasizing safety, quality, productivity, and empowerment. Responsible for the development of processes and reporting metrics that support the achievement of the Company’s business goals. Reporting through corporate HR with a dotted line and trusted business partnership with the plant manager and the plant leadership team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with the America’s HR team; lead and support locally: Organizational Development, Leadership and Employee Development, Employee Relations, Recruitment and Retention, Performance Management, Employee Recognition.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying issues, evaluating potential solutions, implementing solutions, and coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Partner with plant leadership team to align current and future business needs into an overall integrated HR plan, focusing on opportunities that contribute to the growth and competitiveness of the business.
- Responsible for oversight of HR administrative functions including communications; benefits; wage and salary administration; hourly and non-exempt payroll; and all associated record keeping. Ensure legal compliance in all appropriate areas i.e. EEOC, FLSA, FMLA. Ensuring compliance with local and state employment laws. And workers comp administration.
- Develop human resources solutions and solve employee related challenges by collecting and analyzing data, and recommending courses of action.
- Partner in HR Functional Initiative work in support of our HR mission and vision.
- Provide support in implementation of Workday HRIS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree with 7-10 plus years HR Generalist experience, manufacturing or experience with 24/7 operations environment required. Union experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organizational, multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle the dynamics of a 24/7 operation.
- Acute business acumen, understanding of organizational challenges, and success in implementing effective HR plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and influence across a highly matrixed environment. Able to influence at all levels to achieve objectives (i.e. soliciting and reconciling feedback from multiple sources).
- Well-versed in a variety of Human Resources concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with safety matters including OSHA requirements.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.