Payroll Tax Manager
Job ID: BH348520
Category: Payroll Manager, Payroll
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Payroll Tax Manager
- Manage and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level.
- Serve as primary point of contact with Ceridian Tax Services (3rd party Tax Service provider) regarding all tax related matters including amendments, tax inquiries, tax fallout issues, new tax set up and year end reporting. Verify and reconcile quarterly edit report.
- Audit current SUI rates in Workday versus Ceridian to ensure accuracy.
- Contact tax agencies as needed with tax related questions.
- Serve as primary point of contact with Ultimate Kronos Group (legacy 3rd party Tax Service provider) to resolve any questions related to 2018-2019 amendments and open cases. Assist with filing returns directly with Tax Agencies based on instructions provided by Ultimate.
- Prepare Federal, State and Local tax amendments in compliance with tax regulations. (Approximately 75 to be completed for 2020 and another 5-10 for 2021).
Provide guidance to the Payroll Team regarding payroll tax issues such as:
New employees – tax withholding questions and Workday tax configuration updates. Assist with updating Workday tax exception tables.
Remote workers – setting up tax allocations by state.
Develop processes to audit monthly, quarterly and annual tax withholdings. Provide advice on recommended Workday tax reports to assist with this process.
- Provide tax guidance and training to the existing Payroll Team.
Complete other payroll tax projects such as:
Create State tracking file to monitor status of filings, amendments, credits, logins, etc.
- Audit of the Workday SUI taxable wage configuration
- Audit gross/subject/taxable wages for employees by state
- Review taxability of all earnings and deduction codes
- Assist with Year End Process
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Tax, Accounting or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Payroll tax experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Workday Payroll experience
- Prior experience working with Ceridian Tax Services preferred
- Very strong excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc)
- Very high attention to quality and detail
- Extremely organized
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.