Job ID: BH348481
Category: Payroll Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Contract Duration – Open ended. Perm potential.
Job Location: Groton, (Need to be in the office full time to start. Ok with hybrid after you get up and running)
Company Information, Industry, Size: Manufacturing
Interview Process: Virtual
- Managerial experience.
Responsible for day-to-day transactional administration of payroll and time and attendance functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with CBA interpretation and administration relating to time, attendance and payroll.
- Enters and tracks schedule and overtime exceptions into Kronos twice per week.
- Monitors “call-out” line for any call-outs and enters into Kronos.
- Facilitates processing of payroll: Every other Monday, checks Kronos timecards and sends to Supervisors and completes earnings spreadsheet. Once timecards are approved sends email to Corporate Payroll stating payroll is ready to be run and attaches earnings spreadsheet. Once preview arrives from Corporate Payroll, checks preview for errors, send corrections or approval email to corporate payroll.
- Sorts and distributes checks.
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a Payroll role or in an HR Administrative or Generalist role.
- Experience in a union environment or manufacturing preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required, especially Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Job requires you have the ability to walk, talk, sit, stand, touch, climb, and lift. The work environment consists of normal office, warehouse, elevated, and hazardous areas, with the potential of exposure.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.