Light Staff Accountant
Job ID: BH347875
Category: Staff Accountant, Recent Graduate, Junior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
We are looking for highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our corporate office in Needham. This job reports to the Controller.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares monthly bank and other general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepares general ledger entries and have full responsibility for general ledger maintenance.
- Interaction with general managers and business managers in all markets to ensure proper accounting for all revenue and expense.
- Monthly analysis of total expenses, including budget to actual variance analysis
- Weekly input of accounts payable and check batches.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions as needed.
- Maintain and update fixed assets sub-ledger.
- Maintain and update the company contract database.
- Assist in supporting the external audit process
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Other ad hoc reporting and projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS with a major in Accounting: CPA or MBA a plus
- 1-3 years total experience: public accounting a plus
- Proficient knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience supporting and maintaining GL and report writing software
- Detail oriented with great communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Comfort using various types of software (MS Office and Intacct)
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.