Global Mobility Specialist
Job ID: BH347652
Category: Human Resources
Specialty: Human Resources
- The Global Mobility Specialist is responsible for overseeing day to day activities as well as ensure the smooth transition of assignees from location to location by designing policies and processes that are aligned with the Firm’s and LOB’s business goals. This person will act as an internal consultant to HR colleagues, line managers and internal and external partners on international and domestic relocation matters in addition to managing all aspects of our international business travel program.
- Key Activities/Elements -Administer expatriate policies, in accordance with Global Mobility strategies.-Collect information from employees on Global Mobility assignments, to understand the effectiveness of the program and identify opportunities to improve policies and processes.- Create processes and recommend policies revisions to ensure the equitable treatment of international assignees.-Recommend updates to allowances for international assignees at scheduled intervals and when warranted by major fluctuations in the expatriate index or exchange rate.-Work with employees selected for relocation or global assignment to ensure their understanding of relevant policies.-Ensure that the day to day issues raised by expatriates (and other employees on global assignments) are resolved in a timely manner.-Meet with employees and immigration attorneys to assess options and develop effective strategies.-Communicate benefits packages, allowances and other relevant changes in the law to global assignees.
- Support HRBPs and recruiting to ensure the consistent application of Global Mobility policies.-Provide communications and training to HR and business leaders to support their understanding of relocation and global assignment policies and costs.-Communicate relevant changes in the law, as needed, to key stakeholders (e.g., LOB Partners, HR Leadership and Expatriates).-Communicate Benefits package to expatriates and partner with the Benefits group and corresponding contacts in each location to ensure the most up to date information is available.-Partner with Benefits to ensure the most up to date information is available to current and potential global assignees.-Partner with Talent Development to ensure that the Global Mobility policies and processes support the talent development needs and business goals.
- Under 20% of role:-Manage all aspects of international business travel including travel tax compliance and immigration compliance.-Create and update relocation policies and processes to ensure the equitable treatment of transferees and new hires.-Coordinate with consultants, vendors and immigration attorneys in support of domestic and international relocations serving as a point of contact and liaison with HCM, Benefits, Compensation, HRDirect and LOB HRBPs.-Provide HR, line managers and employees with information about US immigration laws and procedures.-Liaise with immigration attorneys to prepare US immigration petitions for temporary work visas, visa extensions and permanent residence applications and to ensure the timely processing of required paperwork.-Ensure employee immigration records are maintained and retained.
- Education/experience:-7 to 10 years of experience in expatriate and relocation management or related disciplines-Bachelor’s degree in HR, business or finance preferred-Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge and Skills:-Experience in managing and administering expatriate policies and programs-Experience working with relocation vendors and evaluating their effectiveness-Ability to manage multiple, high priority objectives, while meeting deadlines-Excellent negotiation, organization and follow up skills-Ability to effectively interact with all levels of management required-Demonstrated understanding of the end to end relocation and transition process for international assignees-Knowledge of international cost of living allowances and best practices -Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in expatriate and relocation management and administration-Ability to work independently and make sound business and policy decisions-Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills-Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Access
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.