Accounts Payable Specialist
Job ID: BH347096
Category: Accounts Payable Clerk
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
The AP Specialist displays and practices a work-style that reflects the mission, vision and values of the Organization. Participates in the continuous quality improvement process as required. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
- Accounts Payable Specialist • Process audit MAT, DRP and SER transactions accurately and reviews items billed (i.e., qty, freight, services) are consistent with the P.O. and sales/use tax are properly recorded.
- Process and audit EXP transactions accurately (i.e., adheres to A/P P & P, sales/use tax and 1099 reporting guidelines).
- Resolve invoice discrepancies by following through on invoice issues with internal/external customers.
- Process invoices timely to avail discounts offered by vendors and record the discount properly in Lawson.
- Audit invoices and check requests for accurate reporting of sales/use tax to reduce entries in the Out of Balance Distribution Closing Report (AP175).
- Regularly submit Vendor Maintenances to assist in maintaining the Lawson Vendor Database in order to help minimize the “label” process and “undeliverable” 1099’s.
- Work towards decreasing the amount of Voids and/or Demand Check Requests. Include detailed information as to the reason for the request.
- Ensure the Vendor Maintenance deadline is met.
- Additional duties as requested
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.