Job ID: BH346680
Category: Staff Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Staff Accountant will join as a key member of the Accounting team. In collaboration with management, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of the month end close and consolidation, maintain accountability for specific areas in Accounting e.g., ERP Systems, General Ledger, Audit, Compliance, and assist in the development and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls, and new systems/projects across the organization.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Develop, implement and/or maintain one or more accounting systems and processes: journal entries, General Ledger, Cash, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Accounts Payable, Accruals, etc.
- Prepares cash analysis and applicable manual entries and performs month-end cash reconciliations; Coordinates with Account Payables, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and other internal and external contacts to review transactions and address proper accounting and resolve any variances.
- Prepares the prepaid analysis for insurance and other expenses, reconciliation and posting of manual adjusting entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet and applicable income statement accounts with supporting documentation for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the setup and/ or maintenance of processes, procedures and controls that properly capture, track and report financial results, in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley, U.S. GAAP and company policies.
- Effectively business partner and collaborate with cross functional teams and all members of our Accounting & Finance team (domestic and international).
- Assist in setup, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Company’s ERP systems.
- Assist in ERP transactional processing, data management activities, business intelligence analysis, capabilities and reporting, and other systems utilized by the Accounting & Finance team.
- Interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- Conducts month end balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Provide requested documentation to auditors (internal and external) and respond to questions timely.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for responsible areas of the balance sheet and applicable income statement accounts.
- Focus on continuous improvement in areas of responsibility to drive transition to “best in class” finance organization.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, or as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and with multiple deadlines.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation, with a personal commitment to meeting deadlines.
- High energy and ability to work well with all levels of management with consistent enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 1-3 years accounting experience; recent public accounting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accounting and reporting systems
- Public company experience is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting/reporting rules.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.