Job ID: BH346299
Category: Project Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
The Project Accountant is responsible for performing accounts receivable related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Controller and individual business units as well as subcontractors and clients. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: high volume AIA/billing processing on multiple software platforms, business partner relationships, lien waivers, and collections.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the monthly draft owner requisitions with the Project Managers.
- Process timely the monthly owner requisitions under strict deadlines.
- Process project lien waivers and second tier waivers when required.
- Process stored material documents per owner’s request when required.
- Communicate with business partners regarding billing requirements and deadlines.
- Record anticipated payment dates based on communications with the client.
- Coordinates with the Project Managers regarding approval of retainage billing based on the current percent of completion of the project.
- Coordinate with General Contractors and Contracts Administrator for change orders and compliance issues.
- Monitor and track the cash position of projects.
- Assist with collecting the receivable of projects.
- Participate in developing efficiencies in the accounts receivable monthly cycle.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of high-volume requisition processing in a mid to large sized company environment
- Experience with collections, lien waivers, and AIA billing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Construction industry experience valued.
- Familiar with MS Office suite, Bluebeam (PDF), CMiC (preferred but not required), and Textura (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.