Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH346123
Category: Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A global multi-billion dollar healthcare company is seeking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, California.
The Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Finance Manager, is largely responsible for providing support and expertise as the Finance Business Partner to cross-functional teams within the Company. He/She will also be responsible for in-depth expense analysis, the preparation and consolidation of various management reporting requirements, assisting with monthly financial close activities, and providing support for various corporate growth initiatives.
- Assists with the financial control of contracts by drafting/reviewing financial executive summaries and tracking compliance with commitments/obligations & rebates
- Gathers, prepares, consolidates and analyzes data for monthly financial management reporting (actuals vs budget/forecast, expense analysis, cost trending review, etc.), including that for the North America management committee, corporate KPI scorecards, and various other reporting
- Assists with internal expansion and/or acquisition initiatives, including assisting with the integration of Finance/Accounting processes and systems, and new donor center onboarding activities of other functions (e.g. Operations, Accounts Payable, Vendor Master)
- Performs the financial analysis of BS and P&L activity to identify gaps in operating expenses, as well as to identify potential cost savings.
- Follows through on assisting with drafting and implementing initiatives to address the root cause of issues; Assists with the quarterly Financial Statement Reviews and yearly Audits, including SoX compliance, through preparation of audit schedules/reconciliations and addressing auditor follow-up questions/requests when required
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Corporate Finance policies and procedures to help ensure proper and consistent application
- Contributes to the Finance team's role in supporting the Real Estate and Facilities teams (CapEx) with CIP tracking, RCE status review and closures, reviews/reclassifications of repair & maintenance expenses, open CapEx Purchase Order analysis, and other financial analysis as needed
- Provides assistance with the team's monthly financial close responsibilities
- Assists with ad-hoc requests received from management and business partners from other departments (e.g. Operations, Corporate Accounting, IT, etc.)
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to guide other department heads or staff on appropriate action. Builds productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Designs and enhances processes where possible.
- Works with management to ensure all processes are properly documented and compliant with internal and external regulations.
- Reviews existing and proposed regulations and recommends appropriate courses of action.
- Acts as Finance subject matter expert on projects with other functions.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP standards, general accounting practices/procedures, financial analysis, and end-to-end business processes.
- He/she must be able to write cohesive, knowledgeable, intelligible financial reports and possess the ability to effectively organize the functions under his/her control.
- Excellent software skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Access are essential.
- Previous experience with SAP a plus.
- Must have the ability to work on semi-routine assignments following established procedures with minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient at demonstrating technical and analytical skills, professional creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required.
- CPA preferred.
- 5 years or more of well-rounded financial experience required.
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.