HR Generalist – Waltham
Job ID: BH346017
Category: HR Generalist
Specialty: Human Resources
Summary The HR Generalist will play a pivotal role in driving culture and core values. This is a great opportunity for someone who has served in a generalist capacity and wants to further develop their career at a growing company. This role will play an integral part in Human Resources supporting the Sr. Director of Human Resources on a day to day basis and will be critical in supporting the company as we continue to scale.
- Understand overall business objectives, competitive landscape, and current and future business challenges to provide HR support and solutions as a business partner to assigned areas of the organization.
- Serve as a go-to person for day-to-day HR questions, needs, and inquiries, related to employee verification, benefits, etc, and ensure employee questions and concerns are answered and/or properly routed in a timely manner. Not afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Advise employees and managers on HR related policies, programs, and procedures.
- Research effectiveness of existing HR programs and propose improvement to policies, programs, and procedures to improve human resources effectiveness.
- Assist with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, including proactively identifying new ideas or topics.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to build relationships across the company with a team of diverse styles, skill sets, and experience levels.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all relevant HR laws and compliance issues in relevant states.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations across all areas of the company.
- Establish effective programs to pro-actively measure and improve employee morale and job satisfaction.
- Conduct exit interviews and share insights/recommend actionable change to improve our employees' experience.
- Support the new hire onboarding experience.
- Completes State unemployment claim re quests.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources (business or related field)
- 5+ years' solid Human Resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines
- Highly proficient with HRIS (ADP Workforce Now a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, and professionalism.
- Results oriented self-starter with strong work ethic and integrity with the ability to build trust and credibility with all employees.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- HR Certification a plus
- Global HR experience a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.