Medical Secretary (Dept of Medicine Cardiology)
Job ID: BH345818
Category: Receptionist, Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Medical Secretary (Dept of Medicine Cardiology)
Contract length: 4 months to start, potential to extend/convert
Job Location: Onsite – Fort Washington St (Between W 165th and Haven Ave)
Hours: 9am-5pm Variable with some flexibility
Company Information: Medical Office
Interview Process: In-person interview
*Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience in a clinical practice setting.
*Knowledge of Medical terminology and 2-3 years of related experience.
*Must have excellent customer service skills in a high pressure environment.
*Knowledge of Epic systems preferred.
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the heart failure and transplant program.
- Serve as Medical Secretary to support both the clinical and academic responsibilities of the practices of the heart failure and transplant program within the Medicine–Cardiology Department.
- Monitor the physicians’ daily patient schedules. Serve as the contact for scheduling follow-up appointments for office visits and procedures; and obtaining referrals and verification coverage.
- Review insurance information, obtain all necessary pre-certifications for procedures and other services, and obtain records and referral information for patient appointments.
- Verify patient information in Epic including determine and collect insurance payments and co-payments.
- Coordinate required patient documents to be scanned into the CROWN filing system. Scan all existing and new patient charts. Work closely with the Nurse Practitioners to process patient appointments and documents.
- Conform to all applicable HIPAA, billing compliance and safety guidelines.
- Medical Secretaries will rotate and cross cover other medical secretaries in the department.
- Ensure patient centered care by demonstrating behaviors that reflect a Culture of Service and will strive to meet the expectations of the “Seven Competencies”. The seven competencies for a “Wow” experience are as follows:
- Effective Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Patient Centered Care
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Pride and Excellence
- Integrity and Credibility.
- Other duties as required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.