Job ID: BH345745
Category: Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job location: Burlington
Industry & Company size: 35 employee non profit trade organization
Strong GL accounting experience
Info on job:
Well rounded Accounting Manager role that will own the full accounting process soup to nuts and drive the monthly/quarterly/annual close. Position supervises a Staff Accountant and will report to the CFO so total accounting team is 3 people. Open on industry someone comes from as long as someone is hands on and ok being involved a number of areas.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager is responsible for hands-on management of a wide range of accounting activities to ensure the Association and its subsidiaries run effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure accurate processing of financial transactions in compliance with GAAP and Association policies in order to provide the best data to manage the Association
- Supervise, develop and mentor staff accountant
- Manage key accounting processes such as invoicing, receivables and payables
- Complete timely month end close including cash reconciliations, GL schedule preparation, recurring journal entries
- Prepare schedules and engage with auditors to ensure a smooth year-end audit
- Manage payroll processing and administration. Understand state and federal wage and payroll tax laws
- Assistance with benefit administration (health, dental, FSA etc.).
- Assist with completion of Form 990 and other tax filings
- Provide technical expertise and recommend process improvements
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience, preferably with a non-profit but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting/finance or equivalent experience required; CPA preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Client service oriented
- Technologically savvy. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Quick study of GL package (Microsoft Dynamics), payroll software (Paychex) and association management system (iMIS)
- Intellectually curious. Asks questions. Willing to research the answers
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.