Contracts Administrator 2
Job ID: BH345742
Category: Contracts Administrator
Wholesaler Contract Administrator
Job Location: Lake Zurich, IL
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday (Start/End Time Flexible) Overtime as needed.
Dress: Business casual
Company Size: 40,000 employees
Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent related work experience
1-3 years of related experience
Intermediate computer knowledge and skills (spreadsheets, graphics, word processing and databases)
Prior experience in sales or contracts is required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Pharmaceutical and generic drug product knowledge is desirable.
Marketing and Sales orientation is desirable.
Responsible for assigned wholesaler/distributor customers and purchasing customers. Works with sales representatives for a defined trade sales channel or business segment including but not limited to “Big 3” wholesalers, regional wholesalers, medical surgical distributors and Infusion Delivery Solutions (IDS). Responsibilities include quotes, bids, awards, contracts, pricing, rebates and fee-forservice programs, pricing schedules, and competitive information for assigned customers. Internal liaison between the wholesaler accounts’ and their member institutions and branches and the various functional groups.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT.
• Develops implements, administers and maintains the key contracts under area of responsibility including wholesaler and distributor customers.
• Acts as the liaison between assigned accounts and various functional groups. Interfaces directly with buyers and contract administrators of wholesaler customers and assigned accounts regarding WAC pricing, contract pricing and product information.
• Develops and coordinates assigned account contracts, amendments, new product offers, contract implementation and maintenance. Works closely with membership team to update contract eligibility and review COT.
• Assists with contract administration activities for IDS including but not limited to quotes, price verification, installment billings, customer letters and notifications, as assigned
• Acts as the conduit of information on wholesale trade class and assigned accounts for Sales, Marketing, Sales Administration, National Accounts and Commercial Contracting and Analysis for the Specialty Injectable, Parenteral Nutrition and IDS business units.
• Acts as ombudsman for assigned accounts and their members and investigates ill complaints or problems and achieves equitable settlements and resolutions. Facilitates the various internal functional groups (Order Services, Customer Operations, Chargebacks, Legal, IT, etc.) as they relate to assigned accounts and their members, to include written correspondence, contract updates and maintenance, EDI issues, chargeback discrepancies, credits, membership etc.
• Develops and communicates all pertinent information regarding assigned wholesaler, distributors and GPO customers, as necessary, to the field sales force and internal management team.
• Develops and prepares contract documents according to department and corporate SOPs and assigned customer agreement language.
• Takes orders from sales force on “specials”, “quarterly direct or short-date promotions”, “new product launches” and “one time only” orders that require special approval and/or handling for assigned region. Maintains records to ensure that sales force is using the correct and updated pricing information. Communicates pricing guidelines or strategy to sales force as required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.