Job ID: BH345708
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
6 Month Contract
Job Location: Onsite – Oshkosh, WI
Hours: 40 hours per week.
Dress: Business Casual
Interview Process: 1-2 rounds of virtual interviews
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 2+ year of experience
Responsible for the procurement of goods and services from a class or family of suppliers in direct support of manufacturing operations. Primary contact with suppliers in the areas of supplier performance, engineering change implementation, flow of material, inventory control, and disposition of non-conforming goods on a given commodity team.
- Spearhead all business conducted with suppliers and coordinate internal actions between supplier and the product.
- Communicate parts availability issues to appropriate buyer.
- Disposition of non conforming material and communicate non conforming parts issues that affect build to buyer.
- Communicate inventory level set ups to PFEP Specialist.
- Communicate packaging issues to materials.
- Communicate pre paint parts issues to materials, buyer and zone team members.
- Create and present purchasing metrics to management for the zone.
- Participate in lean events.
- Assist operational purchasing on root cause analysis team to fix material shortages and report on critical items.
- Ensure smooth cut in of change notices.
- Support new model introduction into production area.
- Drive change in supplier shipping and packaging habits.
- Assist in Kanban implementation to zone for purchased parts.
- Create spot buy and blanket orders with suppliers.
- Manage and maintenance MRP message activities.
- Part number setup files under purchasing control.
- Create debits memos, and credit memos as needed.
- Website communication and training with suppliers.
- Inventory control activities for material stored at suppliers.
- Shortage updates and critical concern maintenance.
- Insure the proper flow of material into company.
- Support all procedures for government regulations and public laws.
- Provide feedback to manufacturing and purchasing management concerning potential problems that could affect manufacturing operations.
- Mentor Buyers, where applicable.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.