Job ID: BH345698
Category: Customer Service, Administrative Assistant
The Program Assistant will be responsible for administratively supporting one or more established programs that serve faculty, staff, students or executive education participants. Provides customer service to those directly served by the program as well as key clients or institutional stakeholders such as employers and corporations, research sponsors, alumni groups, government agencies, community groups, professional and scholarly societies, peer institutions and nonprofits. Responsibilities may include answering phones, providing customer service, maintaining program related data on spreadsheets, preparing program materials such as handouts, binders, nametags, and table tents. Obtains copyright permission for materials. Edits and proofreads documents. Assists with classroom and meeting room set up including AV and catering. Supports special events which may occasionally entail working early or late hours with appropriate overtime compensation.
Provides administrative and clerical support for program registration, admissions and program assessment by tabulating program evaluations and preparing summary reports. Assists with processing continuing education credits. Produces meeting or conference notes upon request. Runs errands when necessary and performs other job related duties as required to support program.
Key skills including high attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills essential, quick learner, ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines and a fast paced environment, intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and databases. Knowledge of A/V equipment helpful. Customer service orientation essential. Some heavy lifting of program materials and classroom supplies may be required.
The Program Delivery Coordinator, a member of the Professional Development Programs team, supports the pre-planning and delivery of the Division of Continuing Education's (DCE) non-credit, professional development programs.
Job Specific Responsibilities
The Professional Development Programs team supports and delivers more than 100 on-campus and online programs each year while working with more than 40 different instructors.
This position will have responsibility for conveying the DCE brand by providing excellent customer service and through keen attention to detail in producing flawless program materials. Duties include preparation of program materials, on-site and online support during program sessions, and involves significant interaction with an international audience of business people on company's campus. This person will be in contact with instructors and other units around the University. Reports to the Program Manager, Professional Development Programs.
Event Planning and Logistics
• Prepares and assembles program materials for participants
• Helps with setup and program delivery on day-of event both in person and virtually
• Maintains accurate and organized inventory of program-related collateral, ensuring adequate availability for program lead-up and program days
• Supports the program for duration of event
• Runs triage as necessary during event; anticipates and supports participant/instructor needs
• Orders pre-readings/cases
• Successfully balances high-quality, participant-facing activities along with a myriad of behind-the-scenes administrative duties
• Contributes to improved business process efficiencies
• Effectively communicates with participants (special requests, registration changes) via email, phone, and during programs in person and via Zoom
• Writes clear, concise, and professional responses to participants' inquiries
• Manages program registrations, assisting participants with payment and interacting with finance department
• Works to enhance participant experience throughout session
• Delivers welcome messages to new participants in person and via Zoom
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.