Accounts Receivable Manager
Job ID: BH345399
Category: Accounts Receivable Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Accounts Receivable Manager
Summary of Position
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Manager reports into the Financial Accounting Manager. They will lead the Billing team to provide high quality advice and support, promoting a professional environment and building a department reputation for accuracy and efficiency. The AR Manager is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of, as well as provide administrative and financial oversight of all billing related matters. The AR Manager will ensure the department meets its goals, set deadlines and manage all associated billing matters. They will also be responsible for general accounting functions and reporting as directed.
Management & Leadership
- Manage Billing Supervisors & their teams.
- Managing the day to day billing operational activities.
- Providing leadership for the team, ensuring proper procedures are followed and maintaining consistent methods & standards.
- Responsible for performance management, coaching, cross training and professional learning and development of all staff members.
- Responding and resolving queries/issues from staff and escalating issues as needed.
- Provide support to Financial Accounting Manager and ensure open communication on all matters or as directed.
Debtors & Billing
- Ensure billings are issued timely including review with staff of open commitments, it’s associated payments to vendors and the billing status of each project.
- Management and approval of all invoice changes, voids and credit memos.
- Manage Debtor Accounts to ensure timely collection of invoices and ensure compliance of payment terms. Ensure all aged items are managed, communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage collections review with staff members to monitor and improve collection efforts, support invoice dispute resolution and reviewing collection issues with Management as needed.
- Work with Operations, Project Managers, Finance Accounting team and Billing staff to track project status for billings including progress billings. Particular focus on billings where vendor invoices have been prepaid but client yet to be charged and high priority billings as directed by Management.
- Ensure approved projects are updated in the system with assignment of job numbers, relevant job information for billing purposes, schedule of values and job cost module requirements including purchase and change orders.
- Maintain construction budget files and check contracts prior to billing and make necessary corrections to facilitate accurate billings.
Finance & Reporting
- Support accurate revenue tracking by collaborating efforts of Billers with Senior Accountant to enforce maintaining up to date Committed Costs accuracy and related data maintenance.
- WIP management including reporting, analysis and management of open items and unbilled commitments.
- Preparation of reports to meet financial management & requirements.
- Assist with month end close processes as required.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including analysis, investigate discrepancies and explain balances & variances as directed by management.
- Work with Finance team members to research and resolve AP, AR and cash related transactions.
Systems Management and Maintenance
- Manage the billing related financial systems and processes to ensure accuracy and systems integrity, including any system administrative tasks and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Collaborate with external system consultants to address system related billings issues, implement changes to meet compliance and procedures as needed and directed.
- Troubleshoot billing errors within the accounting system as needed to maintain accuracy of invoices. Research any other issues with invoices and resolve.
- Works with internal tax department and external consultants on tax and other related matters to ensure billing compliance, including responding and resolving queries/issues from staff.
- Assistance and support with internal and external audits as needed, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards, control objectives and internal company policies.
- Identify and provide solutions for areas/processes to improve efficiency, accuracy, streamlining and/or enhanced controls as necessary.
- Ensure new ideas & process improvements are communicated and managed for successful implementation.
- Ensure high-level of customer service and responding to requests/concerns/inquiries in a timely & professional manner.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as required to support ongoing requirements of a growing company and department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience with at least 2 direct reports.
- 5+ years of high volume A/R experience
- Previous experience in construction, AIA, job costing or service provider industries preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills; problem solving and decision making skills with ability to multi-task.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage large data sets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience in management and negotiating with clients & internal customers.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload.
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning & priority setting for oneself and staff to meet department/company objectives.
- Ability to identify problems, seek out information and resolve issues independently with minimal management oversight and input.
- Comfortable interfacing with both client and internal remote resources and having staff at multi-site locations.
- Previous experience with Timberline software preferred.
- Comfortable working autonomously but within a team.
- Advanced level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office is essential (Advanced Excel including Formulas, VLookups, Charts and Pivot Tables).
- Ability to use shared workflow technology (Microsoft Office, SharePoint and iCloud).
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.