Administrative Assistant – Primary Care
Job ID: BH345182
Category: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Primary Care
Contract: Temp to Perm
Job Location: Remote through August, hybrid model afterwards – Somerville, MA
Size: 78,000+ employees
- Associate’s Degree
- 2+ years Administrative experience
- Calendar Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Healthcare Experience
Under the direction of the QPE Administrative Manager, the incumbent will ensure efficient and effective delivery of the functional day–to-day operations, including heavy routine calendar management, for the Senior Medical Director of Primary Care and the Senior Corporate Director of Primary and Specialty Care, as well as calendar management for the Behavioral Health Program Director, Primary Care Program Director, and other department leaders’ calendars as assigned. The incumbent will assist with document preparation and maintenance using the MS Office Suite of Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), submitting expenses and purchase orders as needed, and other administrative project coordination as assigned. Work requires strong written and verbal communication skills, continual attention to detail, self-motivation, creative problem solving, excellent time management and the ability to successfully prioritize tasks and workload. Works closely with a variety of levels of clinical, professional, and administrative staff system-wide; as well as various external contacts. The incumbent will be a part of the QPE Administrative team and assist in departmental administrative duties including onboarding, timekeeping, equipment ordering, and cross coverage as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Calendar management: this includes using Microsoft Outlook for the planning and timely notification of meetings and appointments using independent judgment in setting priorities and proposing alternatives to meetings; and working with other assistants to schedule.
• Handle confidential business matters with utmost discretion and judgment.
• Routinely work with vendors to obtain quotes and to process invoices for payment.
• Facilitate expense submittal for the staff one supports, and occasional business travel arrangements.
• Assist in document creation in such tools as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel, as requested.
• Support team members with logistics and organizational skills for ad hoc projects as required. This can include updating and tracking delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
• Screen and expedite priority matters for staff who are away from their office.
• Maintain office files and system drives in a reliable and organized manner to ensure the easy retrieval of documents and correspondence.
• Maintain committee rosters and system/file access across all team initiatives, as requested.
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other administrative staff across the hospital system.
• Prioritize and track responsibilities and tasks, seeking advice and communicating progress as appropriate
• Assist with events as needed, e.g. annual program meetings, smaller periodic conferences, etc.
• Function as a member of the QPE administrative team, including cross coverage as needed/directed and assistance in departmental administrative duties
§ Associate's Degree or related experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
§ 2+ years of administrative experience, preferably in a health care professional environment, including day-to-day administrative support of senior management.
§ Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required
§ Basic understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, division, multiplication
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.