Ops Specialist – Security Master File
Job ID: BH345013
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Ops Specialist – Security Master File: responsible for obtaining accurate descriptive security information for all assets held by the firm and for providing timely and accurate security master setups for our internal clients. Once researched, the security details are populated on the firm’s online security master file systems: GoldenSource, Custody SMF, and Eagle/STAR. The specialist is adept at utilizing various data vendors, financial publications, and other resources to obtain the necessary security information.
- Timely and accurate security master setups for our internal and external clients•Verify/amend established security master files on the GoldenSource, Custody SMF, and Eagle/STAR systems•Manage daily volume•Verify valid market identifiers to be set up on the SMF and research critical security data across vendors•Continuously update and maintain the SMF databases•Ensure accuracy of all information added to and edited on all SMF systems•Ensure GoldenSource, Custody SMF, and Eagle/STAR databases match vendor information•Review pending queues to process requests not automatically routed•Complete all quality control work and requests in a timely manner•Remain up to date on all new and existing workflow procedures•Research conflicting information with multiple data vendors and challenge this data when necessary•Work with internal clients in order to act as a liaison on security information related inquiries and issues•Escalate problem items
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated PC skills
- Ability to identify, escalate, and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines
- Motivated, detail-oriented, organized, proactive ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, team environment
- Experience with the following vendors/depositories is a plus: Bloomberg, IDC, DTC, Euroclear
- Experience with Microsoft Office is a plus
- Some work on US holidays may be required
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.