Job ID: BH344912
Category: Senior Accountant
Growing biotech manufacturer seeking a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will be a key member involved in the month-end close process, financial analysis, as well as internal and external reporting requirements. This role will report to the Manager, Corporate Accounting.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements and assist with management financial reporting package.
- Work directly with FP&A team on budget to actual variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of public reports including 10-K and 10-Q.
- Prepare detailed work papers to support financial statement disclosures and SEC filings.
- Provide meaningful and accurate financial analysis on specific accounts on a monthly basis through preparation of variance reports.
- Support the monthly close process, including the preparation and posting of journal entries as well as maintenance of support schedules.
- Completion of account reconciliations including research on adequacy of account balances and analysis of fluctuations over prior periods.
- Review and assist with the implementation of new accounting policies under U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Interact professionally and collaboratively with management and other departments within the company.
- Assist with SOX 404 internal control documentation and testing.
- Collaborate with external audit staff for quarter-end reviews and year-end audit work.
- Act as a key team member representing the Accounting department in the ERP implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in general accounting, public experience, and CPA a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to adhere to tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ERP systems.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.