Job ID: BH344821
Category: Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
TITLE: Accounting/Human Resource Manager
REPORTS TO: Treasurer and President
NATURE AND SCOPE
Manages all accounting and financial functions including, but not limited to, general accounting, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable, credit and collections and fiscal closings. Maintains and administers all human resource functions and all benefit related activities. Manages accounting and clerical staff. As a member of the Senior Management Team, provides support to all functions in the above-mentioned areas.
- Prepare all financial reports for year-end, quarterly, and monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare and post journal entries monthly as required.
- Prepare year-end closing documentation for the CPA and reconcile balance sheet accounts in preparation for annual consultation activities with corporate accountant.
- Establish credit policies for new customer accounts as well as oversee ongoing credit and collections
- Run reports and distribute after the last day of the month is complete.
- Maintain cash accounts including month-end bank reconciliation.
- Select, hire, train and develop accounting department and support personnel, overseeing all accounting and human resource related activities.
- Process weekly payroll using Payright Payroll and other vendors utilizing employee deductions, including 401K. Monitor investment accounts.
- Process year end census for 401k and pension including the required documents for the respective vendors.
- Prepare monthly commission statements for customer service and outside sales.
- Administer all insured and paid time off benefits for employees including all related record keeping, enrollments, claim processing, and entrance and exit interviews.
- Prepare and submit Various census or required updates, i.e. ITAR, surveys by various vendors.
The responsibility of this position may expand from time to time in order to enhance projects or programs or to provide support to other managerial functions including sharing managerial responsibility in the absence of other supervisors and managers.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Within the parameters of sound accounting practice and Company policy, make general accounting decisions independently. Based on proper financial reports, recommend and advise senior management on all financial aspects of the business.
Interacts with outside insurance agencies, CPA and benefit broker etc. Constant interaction with all employees as requested regarding payroll, benefits and policies. External contact with vendors and customers regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable issues.
A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required. Specialized training in benefits administration, accounting software systems, state and federal labor law is essential. 7 to 10 years experience including direct supervisory experience in all aspects of accounting and finance in a similar business environment. Good organizational skills with a high regard for confidentiality of financial information required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.