Data Entry/Order Processor
Job ID: BH344658
Category: Data Entry, Insurance Specialist
This position is primarily responsible for printing and assembling insurance applications and policies and entering new business data into our admin system. Quality and responsiveness are both critical measures.
Will be working in the Batesville office
- Understands insurance products, procedures and system capabilities.
- Transfer and categorize files by customer and/or state.
- Assembles policy print within 1-2 business days of policy being issued.
- Preparing daily checks for bank deposit.
- Excellent data entry skills with attention to detail and accuracy on a daily basis.
- Performs daily quality check of completed applications.
- Participates as a fully functional team member by learning and performing all team processes.
- Motivated to work independently to meet individual productivity goals.
- Team player with a consistent positive attitude and demonstrated positive behavior.
- Generate enthusiasm around change and adapt quickly when faced with challenges.
- Takes initiative to improve processes and work with team members to enhance effectiveness and efficiencies. Ensure standards are documented.
- Identifies, documents, and takes appropriate actions for resolution of system, process, and printer issues in a timely manner. Ensures information is shared with the rest of the team members.
- Supports all department and strategic initiatives for the organization.
- Ensures that all team processes are managed with documented standard operating procedures and appropriate resources, with sensitivity is given to ergonomic issues.
- Identify, communicate, and proactively work to solve problems or issues.
- Provides other duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience, insurance and financial experience a plus.
- High degree of typing accuracy.
- 3+ years experience in data entry. Experience in the Financial Services industry, helpful, but not required.
- Proven ability to grasp new products, concepts and procedures, clear understanding of the industry, sales process and distribution channel.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and composure in dealing with difficult situations.
- Excellent attendance.
- Demonstrated flexibility with schedules and ability to work ad hoc overtime.
- Reliable and dependable.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.