Job ID: BH344345
Category: Payroll Coordinator
Specialty: Human Resources
Job Title: Payroll Coordinator
Contract to Hire
The Payroll Coordinator will carry out responsibility for payroll preparation/processing. Also responsible for ensuring that the payroll reports, funds distribution and spreadsheets are accurate and ensure that the company meets the terms and policies of the payroll tax laws as well as tax reporting, payroll systems maintenance in compliance with DOL, ERISA, IRS, SSA, state and local regulations, maintaining business accounts with local and state tax authorities, as well as policy and procedure development and management reporting.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing and continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency. Designs and maintains effective internal controls for the payroll function. Conducts audits prior to final processing of payroll.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on payroll processes and procedures, including, but not limited to, extra on-cycle payrolls, off-cycle payrolls, quarter and year-end processing, manual adjustments, retro-calculations, tax issues, and issues relating to additions, changes and/or updates.
- Sets-up and maintains state unemployment taxes (SUT) and state income tax (SIT) accounts; and reviews quarterly payroll related tax filings. Monitors all payroll tax setups, compliance, filings, payments and reporting requirements, including annual W2 processing and distribution. Responsible for contact with federal, state and local taxing authorities as required.
- Creates, facilitates and implements payroll procedures and checklists. Interprets company policies and government regulations to properly impact payroll procedures and system processes.
- Processes and analyzes wage and tax issues. Researches State tax and garnishment related issues.
- Assist with necessary payroll information to record into the general ledger (G/L). Provides G/L support by maintaining the ADP G/L Interface system to ensure all payroll items are mapped and coded accurately to the appropriate cost centers.
- Serves as point of contact for payroll issues and engages appropriate resources for resolution.
- Ensures compliance with relevant data privacy, data protection policies and regulations; and ensures compliance with Exeter's policies & procedures, federal/state laws, regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.