Bilingual Quality Assurance Reviewer
Job ID: BH344314
Category: Customer Service, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Bilingual Quality Assurance Reviewer
Contract Duration: 6-9 months
Job Location: Remote/Onsite – Will work remote but be expected to go onsite at the Somerville, MA location.
Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Industry: Healthcare Provider
Co. Size: 78,000+ employees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 year’s experience in medical translation
- Fluency in – Spanish, Haitian Creole, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Russian
- Member of the American Translator’s Association
- Certificate in written translation
The Quality and Patient Experience (QPE) department delivers on the Board’s vision to advance a culture of treating patients with dignity, respect and equity; within our institutions and in the communities we serve; promote a reliable, consistent, and coordinated care experience across institutions; and achieve the best clinical outcomes possible.
We are seeking per diem Medical Translators, who will sit on the Quality & Patient Experience Health Equity team as part of Language Access team and will directly provide written medical translations for the health system. Seeking translators for Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Russian. Seeking commitment of 20-32 hours per week. Included in the Translator’s scope of work is patient letters, discharge instructions, official forms and documents, public signage, etc. The incumbent works on projects that have an impact across the health system in a positive manner to contribute to positive outcomes for patients and providers.
• Under the direction of the Program Director for Health Equity and in collaboration with Program Manager, Translation Specialist, and other team members, the Translator will deliver high-quality translated materials for the health system
• Collaborates with key members of the QPE team to support and inform selection of materials for translation
• Translates materials, applying principles to ensure linguistic and cultural integrity
• Reviews translated materials with clients to validate meaning and intention
• Coordinates requests for translations with vendors as needed
• Provides quality assurance when required for vendor translated materials
• Tracks volume and types of requests for translations, highlighting trends, weaknesses and successes.
• Works with Language Access Program Manager and Translation Specialist on process improvement for translation requests
• Participates in developing cataloguing process for translations
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 2 years’ experience required in field of medical translations
• Oral and written fluency in either Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, Russian
• Ability to commit to reliable schedule of coverage amounting to between 20-32 hours per week
• Certificate in written translations strongly preferred
• Member of American Translators Association strongly preferred
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.