Job ID: BH344256
Category: Payroll Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Location: Onsite/Remote for Now/Remote
Company Information, Industry, Medical Device
Team Size: Large Finance team but will be a very hands on role
Interview Process: Virtual interviews
Must Haves: Payroll Manager experience.
Oversees the Company’s global payroll function; analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing; Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations; Researches and interprets federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing; Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries; Oversees the activities and performance of the outside service provider(s) to achieve solutions and maintain appropriate controls as required by SOX.
- Effectively manages a payroll team in processing and delivery of the worldwide weekly and biweekly payrolls efficiently and accurately using UltiPro.
- Designs, maintains, and enforces payroll policies and is the subject matter expert and oversight of wage and hourly compliance.
- Provides timely customer service to all employees regarding time reporting and payroll questions; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Audits the weekly time submission and coordinate with managers to ensure accurate reporting. Manage the data exchange between the time reporting and payroll modules.
- Ensures that payroll transactions are properly classified and in compliance with accounting principles and internal/external audit requirements. Manage payroll related audits (financial statements, 401(k), workers compensation, etc.) with external auditing firms.
- Develop reporting tools and strategies to extend analytical capabilities into the organization. Create plans to achieve clean data environment across the organization.
- Accurately process equity compensation events (restricted stock vestings, stock option exercises and ESPP withholdings) through the payroll and cross functionally collaborate with Equity Administration team, which includes Financial Reporting, Accounting, Tax, Legal, HR, Fidelity.
- Proactively support FP&A in the annual Budget and quarterly Forecast processes for recurring and ad hoc reporting requests.
- Ownership of the month end close reporting process related to payroll matters. Provides oversight to the accuracy and timely processing of month end close requirements related to G/L reconciliation, severance, bonus, vacation and payroll tax accruals, cash reconciliations and others.
- Drives process development and controls into the payroll process including all related 3rd party providers. Redesign payroll related policies and procedures as needed. Maintain financial controls and audit trails for all transactions.
- Designs strategies for continuous improvement of payroll processing and integration within UltiPro to identify and implement opportunities for further automation and efficiencies. Collaborates with Human Resources on company initiatives.
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Policy and Sarbanes-Oxley rule 404 controls. Maintain current knowledge of, and proactively promotes SOX and financial reporting compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems and processes. Execute controls in a timely manner and maintains a robust repository of audit evidence to streamline internal audits.
- Maintains payroll subject matter expertise to function as an internal expert on compliance issues.
- Manages third party vendor interfaces including UltiPro, Fidelity and other providers.
- Manages the year-end tax reporting needs and other year-end related payroll functions. Meet all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions; Includes preparation of W-2’s, T-4’s, 1099’s and other payroll reporting requirements.
- Close collaboration with Human Resources to implement new employee benefits programs and ensure compliance with governmental and state tax regulations.
- Actively participate in any system implementations (i.e. ERP, BI, EPM, etc..) as it relates to payroll processing or data. Document and establish a repository of standard operating procedures/ work instructions, where needed.
- Provides training to company employees, where needed, related to payroll processing or systems.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
Typical Minimum Skills and Experience and Education
- BA/BS degree in Accounting preferred
- Strong working knowledge of payroll practices and guidelines – Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desired
- 10+ years of payroll administration with at least 2 years supervisory experience (prefer company size of 200+ employees)
- Policies and procedures, and internal controls experience required. Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
- Demonstrated accounting skills including reconciliations
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills required
- Previous experience with UltiPro is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR/Payroll systems, Time and Attendance systems and reporting tools
- Experience interfacing with Fidelity or similar retirement plan/ equity administration vendors
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving excellent customer service standards
- Consistent demonstration of the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws. Understanding of the consequences of noncompliance of those laws
- Thorough understanding of payroll processes and best practices, and ability to demonstrate effective application of that knowledge
- Proactive, motivated, and results orientated individual capable of partnering with finance, human resources, and others
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization, including Executives
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.