Sales Compensation Analyst II
Job ID: BH344152
Category: Sales Analyst, Compensation Analyst, Sales
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Sales Compensation Analyst
3 month contract (will likely extend)
Job Location: Memphis, TN & can be remote
Hours: 40 hours per week
Industry: Medical Devices
Company Size: 1,000+
*Bachelor's degree in accounting, Finance or related field
*4-7 years of relevant business analytics experience
*Ability to query large datasets utilizing a variety of Business Intelligence tools (Cognos, Tableau, MS Power BI, etc.)
*Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, and "if" statements), Word, Access, PowerPoint
*Proficiency in SAP
*Experience in commercial finance or sales compensation is desirable
*Life Sciences field (Medical Device, Pharma, Biotech, etc.) preferred.
*Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SharePoint, and CRM.
*Experience with Relational Databases, Data Warehouses, and Data Modeling a plus.
The Sales Compensation Analyst will work with the Incentive Compensation leadership, Sales Analytics, Finance, Human Resources and other relevant groups to ensure that the Orthopaedic US Sales Divisions commission plans are implemented correctly and commissions are calculated accurately and completely. The primary responsibilities include the monthly incentive calculations for Orthopaedics focusing on accuracy, completeness and consistency as defined in the commission plans. The ideal candidate is analytical, deadline driven, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multitask and complete multiple deliverables in the same deadline time frame. Build and present dynamic financial models to support compensation planning. The role reports to the Vice President, Commercial Process and Systems.
- Calculate commission payments based on approved and implemented commission plans.
- Review payments/reports for accuracy and completeness. Reconcile commission discrepancies and data anomalies.
- Research and respond to management and sales employees inquiries.
- Participate in the monthly accounting close process, including both preparing and reviewing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Complete special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Transact daily organizational changes: New sales representative additions and terminations, account changes, product line assignments within Analysts assigned area of responsibility.
- Properly account for these via prescribed processes to ensure accurate and timely sales force reporting and achievement.
- Align and reapportion sales representative, district, and/or distributor quotas for these daily organizational changes.
- Build and present dynamic financial models to support compensation planning.
- Contribute to the development or improvement of standardized operating procedures, policies and governance rules for assisting all Sales Compensation Analysts efforts in managing monthly compensation payment process.
- Contribute to the development of other processes as identified by Incentive Compensation management. Participate as a subject matter expert in compensation system design enhancements.
Competencies Analytical/Technical Expertise:
- Provides strong analytical support to the compensation team in support of field incentives and objectives.
- Ability to build and present dynamic financial models using advanced excel skills, such as pivot tables, vlookups, and "if" statements.
- Ability to query large datasets utilizing a variety of Business Intelligence tools, including Cognos, Tableau, MS Power BI, etc. – Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Relational Databases, Data Warehouses, and Data Modeling a plus.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, SharePoint, SAP and CRM.
- Results-Oriented – delivers on commitments and demonstrates impactful results.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Integrity: ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Organization: ability to keep large volumes of data organized neatly and understands the importance of reported data tying out to other validated sources.
- Teamwork: ability to establish and maintain open, collaborative working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing job duties: Sales Analytics Team, Sales, HR, Finance.
- Professionalism: ability to respond to sales compensation requests in a timely manner and be able to communicate effectively in writing and/or over the phone.
- Willingness to Learn: seeks advice and comments from various stakeholders and subject matter experts; ability to take on new and challenging assignments.
- Supervision Manage: Remote
- Close team environment.
- Independent thinking/action is encouraged after gaining alignment with those impacted.
- Other Capacity to learn quickly, take initiative to propose improvements to commission processes, and engage in productive customer interactions that support the goals & values of the business.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.