Job ID: BH343935
Category: Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Lowell, MA
Hours: 40 hrs/week, 8:00 am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00 pm
Interview Process: 1 round in person or zoom interview
- Strong MS Office 365 experience including Outlook and Teams
- 5+ years’ experience in administrative support at the executive level
- Non-Profit experience
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant will provide high level administrative support to members of the executive team. You will perform a wide range of complex and confidential administrative support duties to ensure efficient operations within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to manage competing demands and deadlines. You will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven and community oriented.
Position Specific Duties
- Provides confidential administrative support.
- Maintains daily calendars and handles meeting arrangements including scheduling, planning logistics, reserving rooms, and preparing materials. May attend meetings and take internal meeting notes.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter’s expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Oversees executive office coverage, including answering multiple phone lines, greeting visitors, creating presentations, and setting up video conferencing.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Staff, serves as administrative liaison to the Health Center's Board of Directors. Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Assists in creating meeting agendas.
- Responsible for generating and updating internal documents.
- Drafts email correspondence as directed.
- Assists with coordinating health center events.
- Collects mail and distributes within executive team.
- Oversees ordering and stocking of supplies.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience in administrative support, at the executive level, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Must be experienced in handling administrative and executive support related tasks and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be sharp, personable, exceedingly well organized, attentive to detail, and must enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting dynamic executives within a growing/changing environment.
- The individual must have the flexibility to interact with employees (at all levels) sometimes under pressure, remaining level-headed, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Expert level communication skills, and strong decision-making ability are equally important.
- Proven ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Must have strong administrative, communication, problem solving and computer skills
- Strong management skills, with the ability to work across a variety of projects with competing deadlines, diverse constituencies, and multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media platforms.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.