Job ID: BH343516
Category: Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Contract Duration: 3-6 months
Job Location: Boston, MA
Hours: M-F, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Industry: Healthcare Provider
Co. Size: 78,000+
- Ability to read, write, and articulate in English
- Computer knowledge required: Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Prior administrative experience in a clinical operations setting (preferably within surgery).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience with patient access and delivery systems, referrals and authorizations, billing functions and procedures, and/or financial analysis strongly preferred.
This position will support the Division of Rheumatology, Inflammation, and Immunity.
Actual job duties may vary by department
? Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
? Provide routine and more complex administrative support such as: typing memos and letters, answering telephones, and taking and distributing messages.
? Coordinate calendar and schedules including coordinate calendars for several managers, providers, or coordinate events for department.
? Proofread and edit manuscripts, perform library or literature searches, and help to create and edit presentation materials. Work with less direction with ability to create more advanced material.
? Helps to prepare and edit grant applications and other related materials with less direction and more applicable knowledge of the process.
? Perform transcription of dictated physician notes.
? Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
? Provide cross coverage as needed.
? Assist with special projects as directed.
? Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
? Other duties, as assigned.
Level of education required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Prior administrative experience in a clinical operations setting (preferably within surgery).
• 3+ years’ experience with patient access and delivery systems, referrals and authorizations, billing functions and procedures, and/or financial analysis strongly preferred.
• Excellent computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; insurance approval process; and clinical service billing.
Work experience required:
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
• Computer knowledge required: Windows, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
• Ability to use discretion in confidential matters.
• Ability to read, write and articulate in English is required
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.