Senior Staff Accountant
Job ID: BH343321
Category: Senior Accountant
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Staff Accountant
Contract to Hire
Job Location: Return to Office: We are still remote and will be until after Labor Day. After that, we anticipate being two days in the office and three days remote (as a new standard). We realized we can work pretty successfully in a remote environment, but leadership still wants to have time in the office for collaboration/community reasons.
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Interview Process: Virtual interviews with HR and Director of Finance
- GAAP accounting
- Blackbaud software
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance the Senior Staff Accountant, Fundraising is responsible for all accounting and record keeping for campaign, event and sponsorship revenues raised through annual and special campaigns. In addition, this position is responsible for all aspects of online giving related to community campaign, annual campaign, events and sponsorships.
- Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries to record event revenues and receivables. Responsible for recording and tracking event collections and billing for outstanding balances.
- Responsible for preparing weekly journal entries and reconciliations for all revenues and receivables related to annual and special campaigns, event sponsorships and billing for outstanding sponsorship balances. Requires special attention to temporarily and permanently restricted receivables and revenues that are raised for endowment, restricted purposes and for future years.
- Responsible for daily monitoring and processing of online donations. This entails data verification, communicating with appropriate staff in the Data, Strategy, and Insight (DSI) and Development departments, and judgment decisions on a case-by-case basis regarding campaign year, application, and appropriate donor account.
- Responsible for ongoing collaboration with Information Technology (IT) and DSI departments, including to continually identify, establish and implement improvements for automation to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and donor satisfaction.
- Responsible for preparing accruals of directed gifts and the tracking and record keeping of these gifts being paid from existing accruals. Record adjustments to designated giving accruals as appropriate.
- Responsible for all year end audit schedules and analyses related to campaign receivables and the related reserve accounts. Also responsible for the yearly net present value calculation prepared at year end for campaign receivables due in future years.
- Provides supplemental one-on-one training to administrative assistants who are responsible for event registrations and any event-related payment processing.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- BS/BS in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent knowledge experience.
- 4-6 years of related general accounting experience.
- Experience in automating accounting processes.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced information system literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong logic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Proven track record of managing multiple priorities and meeting goals and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud CRM preferred.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.