Job ID: BH343267
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
6 months (will likely extend longer)
Job Location: Memphis, TN
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm or 7am-4pm (some flexibility)
Industry: Medical Device Manufacturing
Company Size: 1,000+
Dress: Business Casual
*Bachelor’s Degree (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree).
*High school diploma minimum.
*PC expertise required.
*Experience Two – Three years (2-3 years) production planning is desirable.
*MRP experience desirable.
*APICS certification is desirable.
*SAP experience preferred.
Reports to Manager of Planning with primary responsibilities including establishing and controlling production schedules to include expediting production orders to finished goods inventory to fulfill customer requirements.
– Plans orders to support Master Production Schedule. Interacts with Marketing, MIS, Strategic Planning, Engineering, Quality and Production to maximize labor & material utilization.
– Also coordinates inventory management activities.
– Good written and oral communication skills are a must.
– Must demonstrate leadership and organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of production orders for manufacturing processes to support the master schedule.
2. Identifies raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production spec. Assures “clear to start” (all material available) readiness for all production order generation.
3. Maintains contact with manufacturing teams, Forecasting/Supply Planning; and potentially – marketing product management, Legal, Regulatory Affairs
4. Prepares production planning reports as required.
5 .Performs Capacity Planning for resource/shifts/equipment/shutdowns; reviews capacity loads identifying manufacturing constraints.
6. Reviews and maintains master data integrity of assigned product lines.
OTHER FUNCTIONS these are non-essential job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor:
1. Interacts with Manufacturing Teams Engineering.
2. Assists in EDCN process and initiates changes as required.
3. Performs special assignments as required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.