Job ID: BH343140
Category: Medical Writing - Disclosures, Medical Assistant, Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Medical Scribe
Contract Duration: 11 months
Job Location: Onsite – Morristown, NJ
*Hours vary as the scribe will be on call with the doctor, this includes every other weekend.
*They will have a three day weekend the weekends that they’re not on call.
*Guarantee 37.5 hours/week.
Dress: Business Casual
Interview Process: 1-2 rounds of in-person interviews
- Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience.
- Ability to demonstrate basic medication administration
- Manual dexterity to use/handle equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of infection control standards and utilization of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to perform essential job functions using proper body mechanics.
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers.
- Computer literate (i.e., logging on to computer, usage of keyboard and mouse, familiarity with Windows and email applications).
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to read, write, speak and understand English clearly.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to concurrently perform multiple tasks.
- Preferred: 1 year of previous Medical Assistant work experience.
- Preferred: Over 1 year of experience in a specialty field.
- Preferred Certification & Licenses: BLS
The Medical Scribe will sit with the physician, and at times go into the exam room with the physician to see the patient.
The scribe will be helping the physician with charting, dictating and navigating the Electronic Health Record.
The Scribe will provide accurate, timely charting of patient encounters, including but not limited to: patient history, physical exams, diagnostic findings, lab and test results, diagnoses, discharge instructions and prescriptions.
The Scribe accurately documents the events and decision-making in a manner that results in appropriate medical charting.
Scribes also complete clerical activities necessary to assist with processing of physician orders for tests and medications.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.