Job ID: BH342930
Category: Procurement / Supply Chain
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A leading biotech company in the greater Boston area is seeking a full-time procurement expediter for a 6 month contract. Ideally, this candidate works well in a team environment, can collaborate, communicate articulately and pay attention to detail. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is not easily overwhelmed.
*Experience using Oracle iProcurement.
*1 year of relative procurement experience – purchasing or expediting.
NICE TO HAVE:
*Biotech industry experience.
- Expedite the team’s late/long lead time orders from weekly updated reports and update the Oracle iProcurement platforms.
- Monitor status of team’s open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all material, including timely resolution, communication, and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Interact and coordinate with internal customers and external suppliers on a variety of topics, that are related to the day-to-day functions of the Procurement Department.
- Communicate external delivery dates of products and services to internal stakeholders.
- Communicate with external suppliers via email and phone.
- Assist with stockroom inventory.
- Learn, understand and follow Company and Procurement Department’s policies and procedures, including ISO 9001.
- Possibility of processing/converting low dollar approved requisitions in the Oracle iProcurement system into purchase orders for materials, supplies, and services at the most favorable terms for the company.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.