Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH342585
Category: Senior Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Location: Quincy (We will be going back into the office in September with a hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home
Company Information, Industry, Size: Non Profit
Team Size: 5+ in Finance department
Interview Process: Starts with HR and then with Director of Finance
- Advanced Excel
- Masters or CPA
• Responsible for providing a variety of complex financial analysis, maintain and update corporate financial models and plans, provide informational and technical support for developing budgets, analyzing both new and existing product lines/business opportunities.
• Provide line of business owners and managers detailed financial support for projects and day to day operations. Analyze budget and forecast estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established policies & procedures and organizational objectives.
• Directs the development, implementation, and distribution of actual and forecast financial reports and analysis for business unit planning and profitability. Design and maintain pricing and revenue models. Works integrally with department heads to prepare budgets for approval including capital spending and the long-range plan.
• Review, analyze and summarize meaningful financial trends with a focus on revenue sources.
• Function as an advisor to business line owners and manager by providing project management, financial support and analysis for reporting and projects. Actively engage communication in daily operations to resolve complex problems to ensure deadlines are met.
• Develop, implement, maintain and/or manage spreadsheets models and databases to organize and audit data, detect, and correct errors, provide meaningful analysis and insight for solid business decisions.
• Develop business plans and synthesize data to provide insightful business analytics that highlight performance and risk for new business opportunities.
• Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems or process-related topics. Apply logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and perform detailed financial analysis in support of and recommending sound business decisions.
• Conduct periodic meetings to encourage interaction and the exchange of ideas, concerns, and proposals to facilitate solutions to problems. Articulate/explain complex financial data and information in a manner that managers can comprehend the data and how it can support sound business decisions.
• Perform internal financial and operational audits to ensure compliance with the Association’s policies and procedures. Solve a wide range of problems and assist in training management.
• Prepare new product financial analysis of projects (ROI analysis) and review new business opportunities.
• Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve performance relative to the strategic goals for the Association.
• Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end analysis of Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flow and make recommendations as to adequacy of reserves including but not limited to Uncollectable Accounts and Excess and Obsolete Inventory.
• Facilitate proper execution of policies and procedures for business line owners and managers. Recommend modifications to operating policies and procedures as business needs change.
• Ensure that all projects and business line activities are completed on schedule and in line with budget or forecast. Control, prepare and monitor financial results in accordance with GAAP for revenues, expenses, capitalization of assets and labor as well as project costs compared to budget and forecast.
• BS Degree in Finance or Accounting. A Master’s degree in Business is preferred. Plus, seven to ten (7-10) years of experience analytical, accounting or finance practical experience.
• strong project management skills. From covering all the details, prioritizing, organizational skills along with a strong focus on timelines, adhering to strict deadlines and defined deliverables.
• Formulas, functions, and forecasts
• A skilled communicator
• have developed a deep understanding of data sources and backend logic to help identify areas to improve allocation processes.
• assess best practices when developing financial models through benchmarking and process analysis.
• experience with Excel, Database Management and NetSuite.
• able to be a great gap filler. When it comes to your demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.