Corporate Accounting Manager
Job ID: BH342137
Category: CPA, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager
Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Industry and Size: Service company, $800M in revenue, on their way to $1 Billion in revenue PE backed. Growing rapidly both organically and through acquisition.
Location: Westborough, MA
Why Open: Newly created position
US GAAP experience
Public accounting experience
larger company experience
Info on role: Newly created role open due to growth reporting to Director of Corporate Accounting. Looking for someone who can manage a team of 3-7 people and help drive the GL accounting close, prepare financial statements, support M&A accounting activities, work with outside auditors etc.
Corporate Accounting GL Manager
The Corporate Accounting GL Manager will manage a team of accountants and work closely with the Assistant Controller to ensure a timely month-end close in compliance with US GAAP and company policies/procedures. This role will be a key player within the corporate accounting team and will work with our technical accounting, fixed assets accounting, and corporate tax teams.
– Support, manage, and mentor senior and staff accountants
– Prepare and review journal entries and account reconciliations
– Lead GL accounting function to meet corporate objectives while anticipating and overcoming likely challenges
– Prepare consolidated internal financial statements and perform balance sheet flux analytics
– Assist with management of the month-end and quarter-end close calendar and checklists
– Assist with the creation of audit schedules, tracking audit requests, and collection of data for auditors
– Support development of key accounting and reporting systems; ERP systems implementation a plus.
– Assist in supporting sub ledger close activities
– Assist in improvement of processes and controls and related documentation
– Support Merger & Acquisition (Day+1) accounting activities.
– Communicate with various levels of management to assist in obtaining information necessary to complete tasks
– Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment through collaboration and communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
– Partner closely with other functional areas of the business including FP&A, M&A integration, internal audit, HR, and operations
– Perform other job-related duties as assigned including special projects
– Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required; Master's degree desired. Undergraduate or Postgrad experience in Accounting is required.
– 5-10 years of experience with preferably 3+ years of public accounting experience, CPA preferred but not required
– Corporate accounting experience at a public or private equity owned company with revenues greater than 500M
– Exposure to consolidations, US GAAP, SOX controls and processes, experience with process improvements, ability to performed detailed account analysis in general ledger and sub ledgers.
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Ability to successfully multi-task the management and delivery of multiple complex projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
– Strong ability to meet deadlines
– Experience managing technology platforms (Netsuite, Zuora/RevPro, Concur, Blackline) and data analysis
– Self-starter with a strong work ethic
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.