Job ID: BH341535
Category: Administrative Assistant
Client Job Title: Practice Assistant – Dermatology
Contract: 4 months, Temp to Perm Opportunity
Job Location: Chestnut Hill, Boston, MA
Hours: M-F, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (40 hrs/week)
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of applicable work experience required
- Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
- Writing Skills: Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
- System Skills: Ability to type accurately and enter data at an intermediate level. Advanced computer skills. Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
- Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred
- Industry Experience
- Intermediate understanding and use of medical terminology.
- Intermediate comprehension of insurance types and referral process.
- Intermediate comprehension of registration and fiscal information.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
The hospital is dedicated to:
- serving the needs of our local and global community
- providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
- expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
- educating the next generation of health care professional
The hospital is committed to putting every patient first. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at the hospital. Your work will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
- People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
- Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
Actual job duties may vary by department;
- Perform duties under moderate supervision with intermediate to advanced proficiency in administrative skills.
- Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and assistance to others in these areas.
- May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest competency level.
- Utilize knowledge of HMO’s, managed care and other thirst party insurers, and troubleshoots insurance issues as appropriate.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
- Provide cross coverage as needed.
- Assist with special projects as directed.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.