Director of Accounting
Job ID: BH341388
Category: Controller, Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
No HS… GL…PERM
Job Title: Director of Accounting
Interview Process: Virtual interviews with HR and Executive Team
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: starts remote but want local candidates to go in after things clear
Dress: Business Casual
Co Size: 700 and growing
Team Size: 10 ppl in finance
Company Info/About: Saas company that has grown extremely fast over the last couple of years. Will be hiring another 100 people in the next year.
Why Open: Growth
- Big 4 experience.
As the Director of Accounting you will lead a global accounting team and report to the VP, Corporate Controller. You will be responsible for oversight of the general ledger and accounting operations on a day-to-day basis. You will also participate in implementing and maintaining systems to support the accounting function, maintaining and monitoring the SOX control environment and creating and updating accounting policies in accordance with GAAP.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company that has led the market in pharmaceutical supply chain compliance solutions and is now driving supply chain transformation with solutions that address the healthcare industry’s most pressing challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and management of the general accounting function which includes all aspects of financial reporting
- Oversee and ensure efficient and timely month-end, quarterly and year-end close process
- Perform technical research as required in complex areas such as ASC 606, Revenue, ASC 718, Stock-Based Compensation, ASC 350, Intangibles-Goodwill and Other and ASC 830, Foreign Currency Matters
- Serve as the primary contact for 3rd party service providers, including independent auditors, tax professionals and compliance partners in both domestic and international jurisdictions
- Maintain and monitor official accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP. Update and communicate company-wide policies as needed.
- Oversight of inter-company accounting, including compliance with transfer pricing agreements that support compliance with jurisdictional tax requirements
- Oversee VAT registrations and manage VAT on a global basis to ensure recovery of payments that qualify to be reclaimed.
- Partner with Finance, HR, and other operational groups across the organization to collect and share data to assist in presenting complete and accurate financial records
- Develop and coach team members
- Oversee documentation of department process and implement technology as needed to gain process efficiencies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Technology & Software industry, SaaS preferred
- CPA required
- Experience managing foreign operations and remote teams
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Experience with NetSuite, Solium and Concur a plus
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.