Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH341174
Category: Senior Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Interview Process: Virtual
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: Remote to start but have to be able to eventually go into the office in Malden
Dress: Business Casual
Co Size: Large Healthcare provider
Team Size: Reports to the Director of Reimbursement. Has a team of over FA's on it.
Why Open: Restructure
- Hospital or Healthcare experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Job Duties
- Maintain reporting and budget access tables. Set up new service lines, cost centers, expense and revenue codes as identified. Weekly review and correct new cost centers and mapping for Kaufman Hall dimensions, chart of accounts, and cost report mappings.
- Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to assigned service lines/departments. Be fully knowledgeable on all aspects of the department functions and reporting as well as the CHA work/data flow and systems to be able to respond and resolve all issues.
- Perform monthly review of staffing and non staffing variances, research variances and provide complete explanations for the PreCFO and CFO meetings.
- Prepare, review and process all departmental staffing and non staffing reclasses to ensure accurate reflection of expenses. Work with the department management, staff as well as Purchasing and AP to correct any outstanding PO's or request to correct and prevent further errors. For staffing reclasses verify the correct data and/or allocation in the Meditech source data.
- Prepare comprehensive monthly analysis of major variances at the service line and the departmental level. Provide thorough explanation of relevant factors and supporting documentation .Generate monthly report package for all service lines for Director and to be presented to SVPs.
- Complete quarterly state filings for Bed Count, Financials, Surcharge Payors and Unmatched Payors.
- Review and correct the quarterly casemix downloads. Improve submission quality by reducing errors. Submit to the state and follow-up on questions or issues. Develop and complete quality measures for the inpatient, ER and observation patient reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of Hospital cost reports for Medicare and Medicaid. Prepare schedule for volume and staffing statistics as well as financial data. Complete data entry and resolve system errors to ensure accurate reporting.
- Maintain the IRIS data base for GME reimbursement, interface with other hospitals and programs to resolve overlaps & errors and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate and monitor Medicare Physician Time Study and the Medicaid Outreach Study. Provide training and follow-up to ensure compliance and data integrity.
- Comprehensive experience in variance analysis and the ability to create and produce reports to summarize and present complex financial data to departments.
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain financial data and concepts to non finance staff as well as provide training on financial systems and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in a wide range of systems databases, including Meditech, Kaufman Hall budgeting and reporting software.
- Solid working experience with monthly entries, accruals, prepaids, trial balance, and financial statements. Full understanding of financial work flow including patient accounts, accounts payable and payroll.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in finance or accounting, along with demonstrated accounting, analytical, and database software skills.
- Superior Excel skills necessary plus current, solid Access experience.
- Requires eight years analytic experience with industry metrics, revenue, staffing parameters and nonstaffing expenses.
- Experience in Hospital Finance required.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.