Category Manager II
Job ID: BH340952
Client Job Title: Category Manager II
Contract Duration: 6 months (will likely extend)
Job Location: Onsite – Oshkosh, WI
Hours: 40 hours per week. Hours will be discussed during interview stages.
Dress: Business casual
Team Size: TBD – they are looking to fill 2 positions here.
Interview Process: Phone screen/ video interviews.
Must Haves (need 1 of the following):
*3+ years of related experience with Bachelor's degree
*5+ years of related experience with no Bachelors degree
*Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
*Program management experience
*Global Procurement processes
*Cost management / cost structures
*Negotiate and manage all global supply base relationship requirements within your assigned commodities
*Proven negotiation and analytical skills
The Category Specialist role is an intermediate level position within the supply chain category management and new product development functions. The position supports the organization by gathering and manipulating spend and commodity data in support of sourcing strategies and category management. The position develops category research using internal and external data, interprets data and trends and translates into opportunities for value capture. The position supports and may lead sub-categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate agreements and lead the implementation, coordination, and enforcement of agreements for the commodity
- Data gathering and manipulation.
- Knowledge of data analytics tools; data analytics in a specific commodity/category.
- Critical thinking skills forming to connect the category data to the business.
- Knowledge of suppliers and supply markets.
- Knowledge of Supplier relationships management & engagement.
- Understanding for supply market trends and how they impact the business.
- Skill for engineering technical drawings understanding, taxonomy and technical grammar.
- Gaining an understanding of category the global market place.
- Will assist and may lead long-term agreement negotiations
- Identifies and communicates supply chain risk.
- Understand and communicates category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Supports strategic sourcing initiatives, with development understanding of strategic sourcing process.
- Regularly uses influencing skills. Utilizes project management to lead and coordinate programs from concept through launch, and may be participant on council.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.