Job ID: BH340929
Category: Controller, Assistant Controller
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Profitable Boston based SaaS company is looking for a Controller to work along side their VP of Finance. This company has been experiencing strong revenue and headcount growth and also has a considerably better work/life balance than many others in the high tech space.
You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the day-to-day operations within the accounting function and leading a team of people. The Controller will play a meaningful role in preparing and running the financial reporting. You will work closely with our finance team and cross functionally, in order to support and optimize accounting operations.
- Financial statement reporting for internal and external audiences, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
- Lead accounting operations including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Own and coordinate the month end close process
- Own and manage accounting systems/tools and ensuring efficiency of those tools
- Oversee and coordinate annual audit and tax engagements and ensure they are completed timely
- Track and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Lead and mentor accounting team
- Working cross functionally to ensure other teams have the finance support they require
- Ad-hoc financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting
- Are a certified CPA (not required, but preferred)
- Have 7+ years working in SaaS industry/public accounting
- Have 2+ years of experience successfully running the monthly close and annual audit of a SaaS software company
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards and GAAP
- Pride yourself on being an excellent communicator with strong organization skills
- Have experience leading and developing employees
- Highly analytical and conscientious with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work in a fast-growing and fast paced environment
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.