Job ID: BH340269
Category: Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager
Job Title: Accounting/Finance Manager
Location: Company has no physical office so this is a 100% remote role now and forever.
Company info: Privately held, global digital media company.
Need professional service industry experience (advertising or media experience is a direct hit), but understanding of a service company.
Need supervisory experience
Strong accounting experience driving the monthly close
Info on role. Position reports to the CFO and will be a hands on role that will own all of the accounting, reporting, monthly close, financial statement prep and also budgeting, forecasting, analysis while managing a small team.
Seeking a hands-on Finance Manager to oversee the day-to-day accounting and finance operations of the company and to manage the finance team. Success in this role requires strong time management, multi-tasking, prioritization, and communications abilities, in addition to sound accounting and finance skills.
- Monitor and directly contribute to the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the company, including:
- Invoicing, receivables, collections and payments, including client management
- US and international payroll and contractor payments, including bonus and commission calculations
- Expense/payables/vendor management
- Cash management and banking
- Manage a small team of accounting professionals
- Administer the company's financial accounting, monitoring, and reporting systems
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements, including tracking and completion of state and local tax and registration obligations
- Develop and manage accounting and financial controls, processes and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials and management reporting
- Support client and project management reporting and analysis and ad-hoc requests for production and operating departments
- Support the Chief Financial Officer in all accounting, finance and reporting needs
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership
- Support internal operations, including asset management, human resources and “office” operations
- Liaison with external accounting and banking partners
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent
- 5-8 years of experience in an accounting and finance role in a services-based company, including experience in a management role
- Experience with QuickBooks, preferably QuickBooks Online
- Experience with international clients, vendors and employees
- Strong demonstrated use of financial spreadsheets (Google Sheets or Excel) to build and maintain financial reports and analysis
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with financial reporting
- Ability to translate data into logical reports and analysis, including an understanding of appropriate metrics
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of a globally distributed organization
Nice to have
- Experience with digital agencies that do design and development of web properties
- Experience with foreign subsidiary accounting and managing intercompany accounting
- Experience with modern financial systems and applications (such as for expense payments, payroll, reporting, etc) and with professional services ERP systems (such as Netsuite, Deltek)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, MBA or CPA
- Experience with Google Docs
- Experience with remote working
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.