Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID: BH339662
Category: Senior Financial Analyst
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Interview Process: Virtual
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: North Billerica
Dress: Business Casual
Industry: Medical Device/Bio
Co Size: Large
Team Size: 10+
Company Info/About: Large Medical Device and BioTech company that has been growing vastly over the last year.
Why Open: Newly created
- 3+ years of experience
- Bio or Medical Device Industry
Sr. Finance Analyst
Responsible for monthly & quarterly reporting within the FP&A team and supporting the monthly financial close process for accruals with exposure to all expense functions within the organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter, who is excited about using financial systems and advanced Excel skills to make routine tasks more efficient. This individual should be eager to gain exposure to reporting and forecasting for the entire company by direct involvement in P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecast consolidation and Board of Directors presentations. Our ideal candidate would also want to grow within our organization.
- Perform strong data analysis through review of data and ability to draw conclusions with proposals for remediation where applicable.
- Compile monthly and quarterly financial reports for the entire company for internal and external distribution.
- Assist in development of financial presentations with preparation of schedules, analysis of historical results and presentation of budgets and forecasts for Board of Directors.
- Implements, maintains and updates financial systems including but not limited to our Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) – Planful and Enterprise Resource System (ERP) – LX
- Modifies system configurations and menus, automate spreadsheets and reports, and troubleshoots system issues
- Trains teams on the use of financial systems and acts and liaison to the IT department
- Support Finance & Accounting team’s facilitation of cross-functional implementation of new or improved processes/systems for all related financial systems critical to core organizational functions; Manage financial “backlog” of systems projects including cross functional activities and prioritization processes
- Develop strong working relationship with IT and finance teams and work cross functionally to deliver results for the organization
- Identification of efficiency opportunities for new EPM/ ERP systems to simplify reporting and business processes
- Provide support for financial partnering to expense functions by managing purchase orders, preparing month-end accruals and related journal entries, analyzing historical spend and assisting with budget and forecast development.
- Demonstrate understanding of financial and accounting concepts and enterprise systems to support accounting and financial planning needs of non-financial clients.
- Analyze functional spend (actual vs budget/forecast and vs prior historical periods) and prepare reports for the assigned function
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Demonstrate and promote accountability, quality, efficiency, customer service, collaboration and safety.
Typical Minimum Skills, Experience and Education
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, with 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis
- Experience with EPM/ ERP implementations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) general and IT requirements
- Good working knowledge of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement relationships
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Ability to learn systems quickly; strong technical ability of analyzing large amounts of data
- Knowledge of EPM and budget tools such as Oracle or Planful (fka Host Analytics), BI such as Qlick or Tableau software is a plus
- Analytical and detail-oriented self-starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, quality of work and timeliness with high-level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to write and present analytical summaries
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.