Medical Clerk (Sterilization)
Job ID: BH339559
Category: Medical, Receptionist, Other Area(s)
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalency certificate and one year related experience
- Training in sterilization techniques and safety
- Knowledge of sterilization procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of chemicals, dental instruments and materials
- Strong record keeping and organization skills
- Completion of sterile processing training program with a certification as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or a NYS Dental Assistant certification
Reporting to the Assistant Supervisor, Sterilization, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining the sterilization area and all instrumentation that requires reprocessing. Will inspect, pack and sterilize dental instruments and materials and operate the sterilization equipment, according to protocol. Will collect soiled instrumentation and deliver clean instrumentation according to schedule. Maintains the sterilization area neatly according to policy. Performs other related duties as assigned. Incumbent must adhere strictly to safety, sterilization, handling and technical regulations. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Participation in medical surveillance required.
HIPAA compliance training required.
Special Indications for this position:
- Contact with patients and/or research subjects
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.