Accounts Payable Accountant
Job ID: BH339299
Category: Accounts Payable
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Job Title: Accounts Payable Lead
Length of Project: 4-6 months
Interview Process: Virtual
Hours (any flex on start/end times / any remote work?): 40
Job Location: Candidates will need to go into the office from time to time due to the fact that they aren't completely paperless as of yet. North Billerica
Dress: Business Casusual
Industry: Medical Device Manufacturing
Team Size: Will be the sole AP person. Does have a part time person that helps out with some AP and Payroll but this is a full cycle hands on role
Company Info/About: Large Medical Device company that is growing. Just acquired another company and is doing a lot of hiring.
Why Open: Current person is going on leave. Plans on coming back but the manager is not sure she will. Temp only for now but may turn into something perm down the road.
- Full Cycle AP experience
- Be able to handle 150-200 invoices a week
- Manufacturing experience.
- Any exposure to payroll would be a bonus as well
Act as the Company’s primary subject matter expert on all matters of Accounts Payable globally. Works with manager to define processes, systems and controls. Ensure all invoices for services rendered are received, supported, approved, paid, and recorded in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day activities including validating invoice content, accuracy and approval authorization, processing of authorized invoices within the ERP system, and supporting the prepariation of weekly or special payment runs.
- Respond to and ensure that all internal & vendor inquiries are handled efficiently and to the vendors, and internal customers satisfaction.
- Research and resolve disputed invoices, overpayments, underpayments with vendors, and internal customers.
- Use established resources to resolve routine problems and alert supervisor of non-routine problems.
- Maintain related databases, files, and related metrics complying with corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Assists with the 1099, W-2 and other year-end related accounts payable & payroll functions.
- Assist with the processing of the biweekly payrolls efficiently and accurately using ADP WFN.
- Provide documents for internal/external audits as necessary.
- Train and educate others on the process/requirements of the AP function.
- Implement and designs process improvement procedures
- Contribute to team projects and processes as assigned.
- Maintain current understanding of all related internal systems and processes, and external regulatory requirements. Act in accordance with all corporate policies and practices, and ensure work is in compliance with all internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
- Actively promotes safety rules and awareness. Demonstrates good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Reports and takes initiative to correct safety & environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrates the Lantheus values of accountability, communication, customer commitment, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, safety and teamwork.
Typical Minimum Skills and Experience and Education
- BA/BS degree (in Accounting preferred), or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounts Payable & Payroll practices and guidelines.
- 3-5 years of accounts payable experience.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Policies and procedures, and internal controls experience required. Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred.
- Demonstrated accounting skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills required.
- Previous experience with ADP is preferred.
- Proven organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving excellent customer service standards.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.