Sr. Accounting Analyst
Job ID: BH338922
Category: Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
Accounting analysts must work effectively by themselves and with fellow analysts and other colleagues. They often either lead or actively participate in meetings and other corporate team planning, as well as coordinate the creation of annual financial statements. Generally, these professionals report to the accounting or finance president in their department.
- Verify financial activities to ensure accurate financial distribution according to general and FERC accounting principles
- Review and prioritize projects for financial close out
- Align and set prioritized project closings schedule with responsible area analyst
- Monitor closings schedule milestones
- Review actuals for projects according to policies and procedures issued by various regulatory bodies
- Project accounting – interface with Enterprise Project Management “EPM” – Project Controls, Engineers and Project Managers to determine final assets to be recorded.
- Analyze, interpret and verify financial documents and reports; make corrections and update as necessary
- Support Engineering financial reporting, consolidated financial reporting and audit responses
- Assist with rate case and discovery responses
- Monitor financial activities for assigned areas within Engineering to ensure accurate financial distribution according to general and FERC accounting principles
- Budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring actuals for assigned financial activities for O&M according to policies and procedures issued by various regulatory bodies
- Interface with Departments Managers & Leads to determine and review budget, forecasts, cashflow projections, variances, identify budget risks and gap analysis. Work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality “Internal Customer Service”.
- Month-end close process including accruals, journal entries and variance explanations
- Support the development and implementation of standardization of financial work processes, continuous improvement by automating and leveraging technology, implement inventory optimization strategy and process protocol across Engineering to support the Company’s strategic goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related area
- 3+ years of experience
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.