Job ID: BH338891
Category: Staff Accountant, Recent Graduate
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
To complete all assigned tasks relating to the maintenance of customer accounts and pricing of client’s jobs in order to produce and dispatch all sales invoices in a timely manner. Must conduct an inspection of all job costs to ensure accuracy in the recording of costs, the related shipment notes, and that profit margins are within preset ranges to achieve our current business goals.
- Creation and maintenance of client accounts in our in-house ERP system require communication with all operation teams and sales teams. Must be able to identify when customer follow up is needed to re-verify account details.
- Responsible for quickly setting up all new accounts and following up with missing documentation required for each account.
- Follow up to ensure all new accounts Purchase Order and Cost Centre requirements are noted in our ERP System. Will require continual communication with Ops and the assigned Sales Representative for any new account.
- Deal with all inquiries from customers regarding their billing, in order to support customer relations and maintain solid internal and external relationships by addressing all billing related questions in a timely, professional manner. Must be able to find creative solutions that most effectively adapt to billing requirements set by customers and current provisions allotted by internal software.
- Review cost entries in electronic job record to ensure all costs have been entered correctly. Address any issues with Operations teams if there are missing or inaccurate costs.
- Review shipment details so that they are correctly being recorded into ERP system, this ensures an accurate historical reference of shipments and pricing structures
- Price up jobs, per company tariffs or customer specific pricing, to ensure clients are being billed at the correct rate and profit margin.
- Customer Invoicing – Printing and Dispatching of sales invoices to a customer in an efficient time frame to aid the company’s cash flow needs.
- Will require communication with collections personnel to ensure issues are being monitored and readjusted for customer specific needs.
- Prepare and send out specialized monthly bulk invoicing required from specific clients.
- Assist with ad hoc finance projects
- Assist with year-end financial audit documentation requests
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential
- Experience working directly with customers, operations teams and sales reps.
- Must be computer literate and well versed in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail, a positive outlook, and enthusiasm for problem solving are vital.
- Undergraduate Degree, Accounting Degree preferred.
This is a demanding position as there are numerous month end deadlines, including the month-end financial close. The ideal candidate will know how to prioritize in order to complete all tasks in a timely manner. Will have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to highlight discrepancies and find creative solutions to improve any processes. Candidate should be able to work towards independent problem resolutions once fully trained.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.