Patient experience rep (Lesanto)- Boston
Job ID: BH338584
Category: Administrative Assistant
High School Diploma AND 6-12+ months similar experience in a healthcare setting required
Nice to have:
– Answers/screens a high volume of phone/email inquiries from patient families and external companies in coordination of clinical services. This includes routing such inquiries to the appropriate parties responsible for these. Answers and forwards urgent inquiries to nursing and provider staff. Initiates calls for emergency services as required.
– Responds to patient family’s concerns and needs within scope of knowledge and authority and in accordance with our best practices and procedures. Responds to situations requiring escalated service response, ensuring the appropriate staff across multiple specialties are made aware of concerns and follows up for resolution.
– Schedules patient encounters for procedures and clinical appointments based on the referrals received. This includes clinical care from providers of multiple specialties. Obtains required authorizations for prescription medication with insurance providers. Verifies patient demographics, collects all necessary clinical documentation and insurance information needed.
– Collects medical record information, and required materials required for admissions or encounters. Prepares requisitions and other standard forms as requested by clinician or supervisor. Communicates with other departments to coordinate ancillary clinical/administrative services. Prepares, routes and tracks routine administrative documentation.
– Manages the prior authorization process for patients appointments/procedures of the sleep department and/or may train on more complex prior authorization processes in support of multiple specialties. Obtains authorizations over the phone/online that are otherwise at the responsibility of the department for procedures.
– Coordinates appeal meetings with clinicians and insurance companies by composing letters of medical necessity with the provider, as well as gathering necessary documentation to complete the appeal; clinical notes, demographics, letters of medical necessity for both procedures and medication requests.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.