Trade Services Specialist
Job ID: BH337693
Category: Accounting and Finance
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
- Trade Services Specialist III: This is a mid-senior level position with some direct responsibility for supervision of people/process. Responsibilities also include the processing of Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees under approved Credit facilities as well as Documentary Collections in support of the firm’s business lines. As a senior level subject matter specialist s/he deals with more complex issues as they relate to his/her area of focus. Tasks include; answering client inquiries, assisting clients with technical issues, reviewing and approving transactions processed in accordance with ICC Rules and with company's Credit and Compliance Policies in mind, authenticating client instructions, data processing, reporting, and reconciliation, and communicating with other departments, operations groups, account managers and clients. This position will also contribute to projects.
- Education level and/or relevant experience(s):- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.- 5 plus years of Loan or Trade Services experience.
- Knowledge and skills (general and technical):- Knowledge of one or more product areas within Operations and its process.- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through effective verbal and written skills.- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.- Ability to multi-task.- Ability to work in a team environment.- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.- Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of ICC Rules such as: International Standard Banking Practice for the Examination of Documents under Documentary Credits (“ISBP”), Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits (“UCP”), International Standby Practices (“ISP”), Uniform Rules for Collections (“URC”) and Incoterms- Knowledge of the BankTrade systems is preferred- Certified Documentary Credit Specialist (“CDCS”) is preferred
- MUST have trade finance experience. Manager is looking for candidates with a minimum of 10 years with a concentration in the area of Trade/ Commercial Letters of Credit Issuance/ Amendment and Document Examination. This person will be working in the office as this team is in office, working business hours 8-5 Monday through Friday. Manager prefers the person to be at the New York office. but she must have trade finance experience so if the candidate is wanting to be at one of the other company offices then put the preference in the resume of which office the candidate wants to be in for example, Boston or New Jersey.
Other items to look for the candidate to know are: Per the manager if the candidate has trade finance experience then the below they should have for the most part.
International Trade Services
Commercial Letters of Credit
Documentary Letters of Credit
Standby Letters of Credit
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.