Manager – Accounting & Financial Reporting
Job ID: BH337692
Category: SEC Reporting, Finance Manager, Accounting Manager
Specialty: Accounting & Finance
SES LLC is seeking a motivated candidate for a Manager or Senior Manager – Accounting and Financial Reporting to join our growing Finance Team in Woburn, MA. In this role, you will work closely with the VP and Corporate Controller and other members of the Finance Team in all aspects of finance and accounting functions to support the operations of a hyper growth company. This role will grow into the supervision of other Finance Team members and assume the management and supervision of external service providers.
- Direct and manage the Company’s financial accounting activities in accordance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and best practices.
- Oversee and ensure the financial close process and timeline sufficiently meets our external SEC filing timeline.
- Drive and ensure timely reporting of our monthly and quarterly results and related variance analysis and presentations to senior management.
- Be a key point of contact for the quarterly and annual external audit process.
- Play an active role in the accounting for multiple foreign and domestic entities, consolidation of multiple global entities, global financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and financial statement reporting and analysis.
- Develop and implement effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the Company.
- Support the implementation and operationalization of new accounting standards, various complex business transactions and research technical accounting issues (i.e. revenue, equity, intercompany, etc.).
- Assist with ERP implementation on a global scale.
- Assist in the purchasing and payables, payroll, and tax processes.
- Build, develop and manage a team of accounting professionals capable of driving successful business decisions.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including SEC Reporting, FP&A, Operations, International Finance, Treasury, Finance IT and key functional business owners.
- Identify significant and unusual transactions and work with technical accounting team to ensure proper accounting treatment under US GAAP.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience including
- Working knowledge of Equity and inventory accounting
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Knowledge working in external reporting systems, Wdesk and/or ActiveDisclosure a plus
- Experience working with multi-national companies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience with an IPO or transition of a company from private to public
- Big Four public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability, and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present in group meetings
- Proficiency in assigned areas including the accounting treatment of underlying transactions
- Understanding relevant technical accounting developments to perform accounting and disclosure assessments of related areas
- Forward-looking identification of potential issues and disclosure impacts when working with stakeholders
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.