AMG Credentialing Specialist
Job ID: BH336474
Category: Administrative Assistant
Large healthcare company is looking for an AMG Credentialing Specialist on a contract-basis!
- Maintains physician credentials necessary to ensure initial and continued enrollment into participating insurance plans.
- Follows up on credentialing applications per established follow up time frames. Alerts Credentialing Coordinator of any concerns. Tracks applications and correspondence with insurance plans through to final completion.
- Provides routine reports to physicians and support staff regarding the status of participation in insurance plans.
- Updates and maintains the ECHO and CAQH databases.
- Ongoing communication between company's divisions and billing company to ensure physician participation remains active
- Provides updates to the Credentialing Manager regarding managed care plan credentialing procedure changes and other relevant information.
- Establishes a rapport with managed care plan reps to enhance company's standing.
- Intake credentialing packet. Prepare document checklist and cover page. Alert Credentialing Manager of any concerns (not board certified, no hospital privileges etc.). Establish a rapport with the practice coordinator/manager to gather missing items in order to ensure applications are released on time.
- Maintain Provider Database. Add new providers when approved to release credentialing applications. Move providers who are no longer affiliated with company to the second tab on spreadsheet.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments as directed by the manager.
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.